Pages on this blog

Sunday, June 24, 2012

I got baptized today!

This is something that nobody forced me into,but the Lord put on my heart and it was so clear to me that this was the next step of faith.Also in obedience to Gods word and an open profession of faith for all those around me to see!
I'm just SO glad that God is going to be continuing to work in my life, he already has been doing So much more than I could ever ask or think!
These verses about baptism really stuck out to me it is :
Acts 2 :38,39 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

 It seems like there is always repentance followed by water baptism! It is like proclaiming to satan that I'm no longer alive to him any longer, like in Romans  6 where it says :
 "Know ye not that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? therefore we are buried,by baptism unto death. That like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the father even so we also should walk in newness of life!

I'm SO thankful that we CAN be dead to our flesh! Also in Acts where it says: " and ye SHALL receive the gift of the holy ghost" Oh God you know I want that! It is something I can ask the Lord to give me, he is SO good!

I also wanted to say that the river was surprisingly not NEAR as cold as I expected, and I couldn't have had a more sunny morning! It was at 9:00am so It definitely could've been very cold! God is good in every way!

 One more thing I thought I'd share! I wanted my dad to baptize me for another reason besides him just baptizing me. If you'd know me before I was saved and seen how my relationship was with my dad you would've been shocked to see how I really almost hated him! It was horrible.
After God saved me (from myself) There was a miracle, yes MIRACLE that took place between us! God taught me how to respect my dad, and see the amazing things the Lord was doing. I didn't even ever like to be around my dad,hug him or talk with him. Now all those things I can do with Love in my heart towards him. So when I asked him to baptize me and he led me by the hand down to the water ,it was also a testimony of what God had done between us, it was totally His work, not mine in any way! So I am just SO glad that God is ALIVE and WORKING in my heart and in the hearts and lives of people around me!

I hope this makes sense. Oftentimes I can't express on a blog what's in my heart!
Lord bless you all richly! ~Katie
Here are the pictures!!


me and dad


me and dad again


dad praying over me


i was dunked under!
(my dad's facial expression is so funny, he was freezing the whole time!)


and getting dried off!

coming out of the river

6 comments:

  1. What a blessing to hear of the Lord's work in your life, Katie! Praying for God's continued work in your life and that He would continue to make you a blessing to others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! Praise the Lord!!! I am so excited to hear this! Thank you for sharing. I am getting a letter out to you very soon! <3 Love you, Anna K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Anna and Sarah!! I miss you both and would love to spend some time in fellowship with you! I want to get to know ladies like you more! Hopefully somehow this year! May God bless you and your walk with him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm so happy that you got baptized! =)Were you nervous/scared at all? That's really great about your dad and you and the relationship between the two of you! God is truly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks KayleeBeth and Chasity!!
    Chasity, No I wasn't scared at all! Although I thought the water was going to be extremely cold and it wasn't bad at all! The sun was shining and I couldn't of asked for a better day! Yes, God is truly wonderful! <3

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!!