Pages on this blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Some convicting bible verses...




Hello!!
I know you can never get enough of the word of God! And it seems like there is always more you can get out of a verse, as the Lord shows you something new!
 In the mornings our family has been going through the bible reading a chapter a day. 
 In Luke 12:42 
 And the Lord said,Who then is that FAITHFUL and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
43: Blessed is that servant ,whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
44:Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
45: But if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens,and to eat and drink,and be drunken;
46: The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the UNBELIEVERS.

   I guess it really was serious for me to read that! You will note that it was that same faithful and wise steward had that change of heart going against God that he went and  did wrong, beating the servants and getting drunk etc. It also says that he will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers...So if we've had times when we've been faithful to the Lord and are doing what we know pleases him then start NOT walking according to the will of God and turn away from him, then the good things we've done don't count!And if he comes when we are in that state our portion will be with the unbelievers! But if we are repentant he is just and forgives us! It's like if were a sinner and then come to the Lord and change the way we're living and live for him, he forgets those sins you committed and washes them away! But it's the same thing if you TURN YOUR BACK on God and stop living for him and serving him he forgets those good things you've done ! It was really serious for me...I know I'm not explaining really what I want to, it's hard to put it into the right words and I'll probably  portray the wrong picture... Read Ezekiel 33 the whole chapter!  Also I will put down the verse that really went along with the verses in Luke and what I was trying to say!!

Ezekiel 33 :13 When I shall say to the righteous,that he shall surely live;if he trust to his own righteousness,and commit iniquity,all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered;but for his iniguity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.

So it's just not for the sinners to watch out, it's the Christians! That we would always have our trust in the LORD and live for him! God is completely just and does no wrong!!

Feel free to comment:) I just praise the Lord that he hasn't cut us off already, he is SO long suffering! I can't count all the chances he's given me, and I know I don't deserve it!


                KATIE                        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!