Pages on this blog

Saturday, March 24, 2012

How did you meet me and how long have you know me approximately?

Hey Everyone!
This is that awkward moment when, as you're reading this I ask you how you know me.
It's not really that awkward though in all reality! I just thought it would be SUPER fun to see how do you know me....So just comment on this, ok and I'll get to see how many of you will actually do that for me!
I'm so excited, yes I am, so bring it on! Also you could write honestly what you impression was of me when you met me. I know I've not always come across as a sweet angel. actually hardly ever. And I know that if you honestly tell me how I seemed when you  first met and/or saw me, will help me learn how to change too! God helps us see our mistakes and change as well as see where he's made us beautiful and how we can continue in it!
P.S.  don't  make up something good about me if it's not exactly true, this is suppose to be truthful! ;)
Photobucket 

26 comments:

  1. So I remember when I was around nine or ten my dad was talking about this guy he met who worked on mowers and how he had a really big family. He said he was going to go to his house and I asked if I could go along and he said yes. I was so excited to meet another big family like mine! You answered the door when we knocked and instantly I thought, "Oh no! I'm wearing pants and she's in a skirt! I should've worn a skirt! Will she still like me and want to be friends?" You smiled and offered to show me around your house and outside to see all the animals. I thought you were very entertaining, nice, adventurous, and funny (and also crazy for not wearing shoes! lol). I still think you're like that but you have changed a lot since then but for the better and how God would have you to be. It's been so nice to know you all these years and every time I'm going to visit you (which isn't very often =( ) I still get excited to see you and talk with you. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! I honestly totally forgot about it! That was so funny. I was talking my head off the whole time you were here probably. Ya I'm SO thankful that God has been continuing to change me for the better! Thank you SO much for the comment! I LOVE comments, makes it more special on here:)

      Delete
    2. Haha! Yeah, I remember you did talk a lot and your siblings were following us around and wanted to play with my hair. I love comments on my blog too! They do indeed make it more special! =) I didn't realize how long my above comment was until I posted it though! Lol!

      Delete
    3. I LOVE long comments:) (for future reference:)Yep, that is totally my sisters, wanting to mess with your hair...it is so fun though!

      Delete
  2. Let's see... I first met you at our church, and I was kinda half-listening to you talk to some other girls while I was talking to Laura, and I thought you were so sweet, and funny! And then of course there was bible school. I got to know you a whole lot better, and the volley ball was so much fun! I am so glad I got to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for writing:) I love reading these so much! It's so special really it is! I am so glad I got to meet you too, oh yes!

      Delete
  3. iknew who you were for the longest time at conferences but never talked to you before. finally we had spent some time chatting at September conference and i asked for your address. (i have a letter sitting in my room as we speak...i just need to buy stamps sweetie.:)
    i always thought you were sweet.
    very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Tandy! I knew you forever too! I'm so glad you came up and asked for my address! I've never regretted getting to know you better;) Thanks for participating here, it means to much to me:)

      Delete
  4. I like this idea katie! :) My first impression was that you were very outgoing and friendly, and super easy to talk to, no awkward-ness involved. ;), very fun loving and not afraid to be yourself, and one of the first things you said was how excited you were to meet someone your age that was as short as you. haha . . . and that you were the type of person who will just run up behind me and grab my arm and there we'd go-- skipping around the gym. :) so yeah. . . basically I really liked you immediately! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I commented and messed up. anyways, I am elated to have a friend like you, haha, I love the fact that you were also 17 AND you were just the same shortness;) You're the type of person that it's hard NOT to like :) I definitely liked you immediately too;) Love you tons!

      Delete
  5. Hey Katie! This is a really cool idea! I might even do it on my own blog sometime in the future, if you don't mind! Anyway, back to the main idea. I first met you briefly when your family came to our church in 2011. I remember mostly meeting you when we went over to the Strubhars house where you were staying Sunday evening. I distinctly remember these things- Josiah Schroeder trying to get you to play your pan flute, but you were too imbarressed to. (I remember thinking that I would feel too shy also) :), you taking me down stairs to play the piano and then you wanted us to sing "you raise me up" together while you played (you did most of the singing), and then (this is funny :) ) you told me that the reason your friends like you is because you are mean to them. I thought that was so funny! I guess cause I'd never heard anyone say that before! I'll tell you now though that I don't think it is true! The reason they like you is because you are so friendly! I don't remember exactly (I hardly ever remember first impressions very well...) but I think my first impression of you was that you were very out going, friendly, you were different than the rest of your family, and you liked music. I'm sorry this was so long; I just have so much to say about you! I love and miss you Katie! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I loved reading your long "comment" each one here is something I will always treasure! I don't mind at all if you want to do the same thing on your blog! It's so fun! I can't believe I even thought of it:) Haha, at first Josiah Shroeder seemed like an intimidating person, I think it's funny that I'd be shy to play an instrument in front of him!The fact that you were understanding about my shyness (which is probably a once in a lifetime thing..;) is so sweet of you! After I did all the singing I regretted not actually letting you have a chance to! I just got going you know :P I thank God for letting me be blessed in knowing you! You are already an amazing friend:) God bless you, I hope you have a delightful week as well!

      Delete
  6. I was Sitting across the aisle form you at an SFMI conference years ago. We kept looking at each other and smiling and I remember not being able to wait for the meeting to be over so I could meet you, the pretty freckled girl with the most perfect braids i had ever seen. After it was over, I ran up and did something I had never done before in my whole life and have only done a few times since, I introduced myself. I loved you from the very minute I laid eyes on you. I loved how I wasn’t embarrassed around you, and how you made me do things and enjoy them, and I loved how your family’s row of seats was forever crooked because the boys always leaned their chairs back. (I laughed something fierce over that) We have written each other ever since and I can’t imagine how many times I have asked you the same questions over and over again; What was your favorite animal, your favorite color, when was your birthday, How old are you now, how many brothers and sisters do you have, the list is endless.
    I will forever remember that one argument you, Leah Chapman, Joey Spurling and I had about the Poison berries at the Dear Lake Conference. Those were the greatest times.
    Katie, I wouldn’t change one freckle on you if I had the choice. (By the way I have always been jealous of your freckles)
    You are a wonderful friend, Zealous for the Lord and always cheerful. You are such an encouragement to me. I praise God for bringing you into my life and for the awesome work he is doing in you.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah.....what can I say you've been my friend forever it seems! I believe you were like me first real pen-pal I ever had! I was always elated to get a letter from "Hannah Setzer" I was in awe of how your hair always seemed so perfect, and so blond. Quite jealous at times, but now I know that God made me the way he wanted me :) haha. all those funny times, especially that berry incident, oh yes, I remember how stubborn I was and how I told you they were edible actually come to think of it, didn't I eat them, and tell you guys to "wait and see" and that I wouldn't die from eating them?
      I will always have wonderful memories of those times when I've went to conferences and got to see you. I definitely always talked tons about you before and after conferences, just so you know:) Praise the Lord that we can encourage each other! God has really been working in my heart today, and I got your letter a day or two ago, it was a huge blessing and encouragement. I love you so much! God bless you dear sister!

      Delete
    2. Hannah---I was just thinking of that exact same time!! The berries!! :P

      Delete
  7. Hi Katie,
    I love your blog. The first time that I met you were sweet and fun to be with. It was good to see you again at bibleschool. I could tell Jesus changed your life and you seemed happier during bibleschool. God bless you. Lydia Kaufman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lydia! It's SO nice of you to visit me here:)I really appreciated your comment too! I hope I continue to let the Lord change my life daily! He is so good! Love you and God bless! ~Katie

      Delete
  8. I got your blog from Amy M. I love your blog so much. I can't wait to see you again soon. I miss you! You need to come out again as soon as you can. I love you. Jesus is so amazing! I love Him so much. God bless you!
    I love and miss you.
    Lydia Kaufman

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lydia, I'm hoping to come down there for a visit in the next couple months, not exactly sure yet, but really want to so bad! I miss you too, and you're so right about Jesus being amazing! He totally is! Love you :) ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually just got on your blog for the first time, because I saw the link over at A Home Beyond the River.
    I’ve got a question though… How do you ever get so many people to comment? I have a hard time getting people to comment on my posts, and I really like comments!
    ~Aidyl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aidyl,
    First of all, I love your name:)
    I don't know honestly how I got so many comments! I LOVE them SO much ofcourse, and make sure I also comment on my friends' blogs as well, so maybe the also want to comment on mine.... I LOVE the comments I get, but always love to see more! You must be friends of Chasity! Her blog is so cute too!
    I guess my advise for you is to be you in your posts, and try to write things that others can relate with....idk really! Anyways God bless and have a wonderful day! ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok so like when i first met u i thought it was kool how u wore ur soks outside all the time, and my bro told me how mean u were, and i was like dude, that rawks and then there was bible school, and it was epic sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Jesse! the comment made me laugh! I really miss the "bible school" friends of mine down there! I pray the Lord is still working!
    Btw I can't believe your brother said I was mean!! Well, maybe I was! God bless ya!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Katie,
    I feel like a man found reading His friend diary. But, I love you transparency that shows your allowing of God to use your story to His glory. I just went on this blog after working on mine. Well I first met you when you and my sister were playing guitar in at Riverside 2012 I want to say. I always had the impression that you were a very pleasant person. Other that that there is the great ride to Spokane we all went on together to witness there; on the way back we tried to find something to disagree on to say awake. It was a great time discussing the word and finding out that we were all in the same mind about most everything.
    All for Him to Come, Micah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Micah! Oh my!!! I haven't blogged in years...I believe I should read over all the other stuff I've written... This is just "out there" for everyone to see. Lol. But thanks for commenting... Good memories😊😀

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!!