Hello wonderful people. :) Did you realize I haven't blogged for MONTHS!!! So much has happened since then, and thankfully, God has been continuing to change things for the better as I allow Him his rightful place on the throne of my heart!
First of all, I've been busy with G.E.D. classes which I've been taking for the last few months. I thoroughly loved them. If you are thinking of getting your GED, I'd recommend taking classes in your local town. Not only have I grown academically, but I've also prepared myself for the actual GED tests, knowing what to expect. If your teachers are anything like mine were, you would love the experience. To me they were like family in a way; very supportive and encouraged and helped me succeed and reach my goals. Being there also gave me a chance to be a witness-- not so much my words necessarily, but my actions; showing forth the love of Christ! My teachers are normal people, and they have bad and goods days. God gave me a burden to pray for them, especially my main teacher. I didn't want to be just any other girl going there, but that there would be a difference! I wanted that difference to be Jesus Christ! So many nights I'd pray and cry out to the Lord for him to fill me with HIS love for them, that they could taste and see that God is good, just, merciful and I love him with all my heart; He is my passion, my one true love; I want nothing else! God gave me words to pray, and filled me with His compassion for them. May they see from me that God is worthy of all praise. You know that the most you can do for someone is by spending time alone with God yourself! I've seen time and time again how people react differently to me when I've really been in the presence of the Lord. All of a sudden people want to be around me. They want to talk with me. I can then smile genuinely with a light in my eyes that only Jesus could put there!
I've also had a couple litters of puppies born in the middle of February, and gone by the beginning of April. That kept me pretty busy to say the least, but it was good. Those nights I had to stay up with the mother dogs, exhausted and tired, that's when I really needed God to be me strength in a reality. You know you will never know God truly as your strength until you're weak and can't do it yourself! I realized how much I needed God; I couldn't do it on my own. Some of those nights became incredible opportunities to spend in prayer with the Lord for others, and just singing songs to the Lord out there in the barn alone. Just me and God. The dogs loved the worship songs, and I read aloud the bible to the dogs actually. Believe it or not, reading of the bible and singing songs of worship to the Lord really effected the dogs. Whereas they were hyper, and nervous, they became calm, relaxed and scooted closer to me. The baby puppies would all go to sleep peacefully. Even dogs can sense the greatness of God.
I wasn't sure I wanted to share this, but I will so God can be glorified! Some of you may already know that our little home fellowship had a split a couple months ago. Naturally, when things like that happen, you have questions like why God? When I saw that things were getting tense, I did alot of praying that this divide wouldn't happen... I know I wanted the Lord, and it seems as if everyone did, but it appears people get focused in on a single issue instead of seeing God in his greatness. When divisions come in churches it is easy to become bitter and resent those ones who disagreed with your family. I found the greatest healing in forgiving, and asking the Lord to fill me with a love for each one. HE DID. I still love those families that we not longer meet with, and am good friends. Satan wants to use any and every situation to turn your heart away from God; bitterness is something he uses alot. One amazing thing is this: Darkness CANNOT defeat light. God is Light, and in him is no darkness at all! Praise Him! What my I wants is that everyone would really know the Lord and let Jesus be everything and have everything. My family prays that those families continue on in the Lord, and that is really what is important! People don't have to meet in our home with us in order to be saved and walk with the Lord! What individuals need, is to truly KNOW who God is, and allow that one and only true God to come and be everything.
Well, this has been one loooong post, and I wonder if you read this far yet :) If you have that's awesome! I hope it has blessed you in some way to realize there is no other like Jesus Christ!
Love to you who are reading this now, and all I can say more is this:
SPEND QUALITY TIME ALONE WITH GOD.

Thank you for writing again, sweet Katie girl! I felt like I got a letter when I read your post. I love what the Lord is doing in you, it's incredible and encouraging. Love and miss you, Katie Cline!
ReplyDeleteHey Sara :) Miss you like crazy! I will be at May conference the end of those month! I'm looking forward to seeing you! God has been working with me whenever I don't resist him! He is so good to me, and has forgiven me of so much! Love you!
Delete