I have pretty much found THE best book about witnessing. The bible is best, but this brings out what the bible says about this subject!
It's by Ray Comfort, those of you who have watched the documentary called "the 180 movie" know who he is:)
So he has this book he wrote with questions people have asked him, and his answers! It is called "The Blue Book On Evangelism"
I've just started reading it, but am already so "wowed" by it that I couldn't keep from sharing ;)
The funny thing is, I can read different questions in this book, and be like "ya that's totally for this person" and " she/he should read this paragraph, they need it"
It hit me, "what about me?"
I'm not applying this to my own life, but thinking about how others should read this part and that part.
I'm not saying they shouldn't but, my attitude should be to have an open heart for what God wants to show me through it!
Ok, so here are a couple of the questions & answers out of that book.
Question 7 :
Is it wise to send new converts out into the battlefield before they are grounded in the word and apologetics?
It is the best thing you can do for them. The woman at the well didn't go to a seminary before she testified of the Savior,and she brought a whole village to Him. After finding Christ, Andrew immediately told Simon Peter. The first thing Philip did was find Nathaniel and immediately tell him about the Savior (see John chapter 1) If new converts came to Christ under the sound of the Law,they know enought to go and do likewise with the lost. They will make mistakes.They may get bruised.But that is how we learned to walk in this life, and the same is true spiritually.
(that one was really an eye opener for me, I thought that I shouldn't be witnessing when I myself am a new convert really, even if I've been raised up in a Christian home)
Question 14 :
Our motive for sharing and reaching out to the lost must be the love of Jesus.If it is anything else,our motive will be exposed and we'll be ineffective.How can we be sure our hearts are in the right place before hitting the streets?
Ask God to search out our motives.However, I would add one thing. Even if your heart isn't in the right place (I'm not talking about sin, but if you are going because of a sense of guilt), you should still go. If you were rescued from a burning building by a fireman who left the firehouse because he felt guilty not coming to the fire, as far as you are concerned, his motive for rescuing you is a non-issue. He did it. That's all that matters. So don't get hung up on why you reach out to the lost, just do it, while there is still time. The quality is in the seed, not the sower.
(I've felt like that alot, and that was something that prevented me from going, like I wasn't going for the right motive, and I thought I should'n't go if I was going out of guilt because I should've before etc etc...I know I'm not explaining what I want to say right, but you can read it the question and answer for yourself:)
So that's only two questions....so you should really read the whole book!
I must be struck with the reality that there are souls dying going to a place they can NEVER come back from....it's horrible that I can be so comfortable while so many around me aren't told about Jesus Christ. Not religion!
Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear from you!!