Prayer is something I've never done faithfully.... I guess I've not really [truly] loved the Lord in the past and wanted to spend time with him, sure there were moments,but nothing lasting!.I would talk ALOT about praying and spending time with him, and have such good ideas ;) But nothing ever came out of them since I always had tons of other "stuff" to do and so much of it was a TOTAL waste of time!!
The reason we don't want to spend time with him is because we have other things that are more important than him!
If you're in a relationship with someone, and never talk or spend time with that person and spend lots of time with other people and let other things take up your time; then when you see that person again tell them how much you care about them it's probably not gonna mean anything to them!(That that is probably the end of your relationship.) Your actions must show what your words say!!
The Lord has been always there for us and we are the ones that are "cheating" on him in a way by living the way we want to live , and doing what WE want. And then we will talk about how much we love the Lord(on sunday){if that} and say a little prayer and feel good about ourselves!
And yet when we have a problem or things are really going bad for us or a friend or relative is sick we want him!
My desire is that I would want to spend time with the Lord the good days AND the bad! And that it wouldn't be something that is something I force myself to do to be this "good" christian!
Btw am I really "Christ-like?" I don't really think so! If I was like Jesus there would be no greater joy then to spend time with my heavenly father!! I would greatly appreciate your prayers for me in that!
I know it's probably hard to understand alot of what I say, it's usually so scrambled up! Anyways that's not important...
Yes, and I've seen so much how if we are faithful in prayer and have FAITH in Jesus Christ that he WILL perform that which he promised! He has answered so many prayers of mine and I know I don't deserve for him to even listen after all those times I've not listened to his pleading voice!
Don't lose heart when something doesn't happen right away! there is a quote from somewhere that says " that we would pray until we pray"
*katie*
You are so right, Katie! How often I have let other things get more important than my time with Jesus, and like you said, those things aren't even important!! I'm praying for you, and I love you, and miss you so much! <3
ReplyDeleteThank you Amy! Isn't it wonderful that we can pray for one another:)And be honest about how we are! I really appreciate friends like you!God bless!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the post Katie! This is so true. I know often in my life other things in this short life take priority over the most important thing, Jesus. Sometimes I think about how much time I spend on things in this life that could be taken away in seconds, and one day won't be here, when I could/should put my time, energy, trust ect. Into the things that last and matter for eternity lie spending time in prayer with God, meditating, reading and memorizing the Bible and so on. Jesus means so much to me and I want to stop robbing Him of the time He deserves, and spending time on things that really mean something! I am praying for you Katie! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the Comment Laura! AMEN to what you said it is SO true!You are so right about life being short! We really don't fully realize it! I have a gift for memorizing scriptures, it just comes so easy and I can memorize so fast, but I really haven't memorized hardly at all! It's like burying my talent in the ground!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the prayers! They really mean alot to me!!!! God bless you